Since there’s quite a few sites out there that report on recent domain name sales but none of them focuses on a specific category of domains I have taken it upon myself to compile a weekly list of the top brandable domain name sales.
My criteria for selecting domain names for this sales report will remain the same as used for the Top 100 brandable domain name sales for 2014 post:
- No numeric domains
- .com only
- No 2L & 3L domains (as they are a breed on their own)
- No one word dictionary domains (in any language). Unless the word has an alternative spelling such as Krash.com or Banyo.com
- No 4L acronyms unless they are pronounceable and used as a brand name instead of a acronym.
- Two keyword domains can qualify. SharpMind.com for example is a brandable domain name imo while SharpKnifes.com would not have made this list.
- Variation and abbreviation on words are allowed.
As always, any domain that already hosts or redirects to a developed site has a hyperlink. This week we see that 1 out of 4 domains has already been put to use with the majority of them being acquired by technology companies that upgraded from a ccTLD to a .com in their journey for world domination.
|Domain name||Reported Sales Price|
Please do keep in mind that these are the highest sales that have been reported to DNjournal.com . This list is meant to help give you insights and is nowhere near complete as many sales are kept private and the major market places specializing in brandable domains do not report their sales.
If you know of any recent, verifiable brandable domain name sales please do let me know so I can include it in next week’s report.