As expected July was a lot less active then the last couple of months but despite spending a couple of weeks in Europe for the holidays I still managed to make 26 acquisitions and 2 sales. My purchases this month mainly consist of drops and a couple of private acquisitions as I got outbid on most auctions for which I had proxy bids in. As a result of this I actually had a very profitable month and still managed to add a bunch of cool names to my portfolio.
I know many of you guys appreciate transparency so I decided to step things up a notch and moving forward I will also share a snapshot of my Efty cockpit with you giving you exact insight in my performance as a domain name investor each month.
My Efty cockpit as of August 1.
As you can see I’m closing in on 100k in revenues since I started dabbling with domains around 2.5 years ago which will be a great milestone for me as a “hobby” domainer.
As always I will be sharing some of this month’s acquisitions and sales with you guys and I hope some of you will do the same in the comments!
- TalentBite.com – Because of my professional background in the online recruitment space I am quite heavily invested in job search, recruitment and staffing related domains. There’s a ton of new startups trying to disrupt the hiring and job search industry every month and I think TalentBite will make for a great brand for a company tapping into the recruitment software market. Grabbed with Pheenix.
- VerySpooky.com – A common phrase with a high number of matches in Google. I thought it would make for a nice brandable name that is perfect for a Halloween themed site, store or business. Bought from the NamePros auction section.
- Graffiti.tours – Yep, that’s a new gTLD and I can hear you think, wth is a graffiti tour? Well, graffiti tours are organised and offered in many of the worlds metropolises such as New York, Melbourne, Amsterdam and London and having been an active graffiti artist during my teens and twenties I enjoy these graffiti tours when i’m visiting new cities. This isn’t really an investment but more a nice to have and a domain I might develop one day.
- StatsOnly.com – I like names that include the word Only when it adds a positive meaning and I have several in my portfolio such as OnlyJobs.com and OnlySunny.com. I think this name can work well for a company that focuses on big data or analytics. A Godaddy closeout buy.
- MonetizeFast.com – Funded or not, monetizing your product or service is a challenge each and every startup company will face at some point and who doesn’t want to monetize fast? Pheenix caught it for me.
- MetaRush.com – Another two keyword brandable. I think it’s pretty obvious what my focus was this month. The keyword based brandables have been outselling the MUPs (made up pronounceable’s) for a while now and I believe the demand for these type of names will only continue to increase. Also caught with Pheenix.
- Vitah.com – Sold on BrandBucket in the lower X,xxx range. A Pheenix catch from August 2014 and listed on BrandBucket since September 2014.
- LaunchMonster.com – Sold on BrandBucket in the mid X,xxx range. Hand registered in October 2014 after it dropped and listed on BrandBucket since December 2014