There’s been a lot of talk in recent months about the rising demand for brandable domains in the aftermarket. It seems more and more domainers are hopping on the brandable domain train and pushing up prices in the drops and auctions. I’ve noticed that, in some cases, domains that were hand registered less than a year ago are selling for as much as $200.
Here’s a few samples from January 2017, as reported by Namebio, listed by domain name, hand reg date (month & year), sale price in Jan 2017 and marketplace.
- AdviceLabs .com Dec 2015 $100 GoDaddy
- Dinnerr .com Dec 2012 $100 GoDaddy
- Brighterr .com Dec 2015 $106 GoDaddy
- Openerr .com Oct 2015 $112 Flippa
- ChicLabs .com Dec 2015 $147 GoDaddy
- Shiirts .com Dec 2016 $150 Flippa
- LenderTown .com Sep 2016 $203 NameJet
- GoSurplus .com Dec 2014 $207 GoDaddy
This list supports two trends I observed in 2016:
- In 2016, the keyword + “labs” trend for brandables crystallized. They are almost impossible to hand reg at this point and this is pushing up aftermarket prices.
- Double letter brandables continue to sell to endusers and domainers are eager to acquire them in some cases for $100 or more.
Some intriguing brandables for sale this week at NameJet: