It’s back! The brandable domain names that sold last week, how much they sold for, and where they sold.
Really impressed by some of the non-.com names on this list.
Quick rules recap for how I determine this list:
- No numeric domains
- No obvious keywords or category-defining domains (CryptoMarketplace.com is a KW, CoinBase.com is a brand).
- .com, OR
- .co, .io, .org if they are strong one-word keywords.
- No 2L & 3L domains (as they are a breed on their own)
- No obvious one-word dictionary domains (in any language). This means, for example, the sale of Hora.com would not be included as it’s the Spanish word for Hour. (The caveat here is I don’t speak most of the world’s languages, only English, so I might miss stuff. This one is a bit ‘fast and loose’).
- Unless a word has an alternative spelling such as “Thiink.com”
- No 4-letter acronyms unless they are pronounceable and used as a brand name instead of an acronym
- Two keyword domains can qualify. Example: OneHome.com. BuyHome.com would not have made this list (because it’s a keyword and not a brand).
- Variation on words are allowed, example: Wearly.com
Here’s the list:
(data collected from Namebio.com — an amazing domain industry resource)
Led by .io, with a .fm, and another .io in the top 5 (along with two .coms).
BetNova.com is a classic brandable in a super hot industry. $10k is a pretty healthy price for that name at this point…
Really love Aura.ai. I had illusions of winning that name for myself riiight up until like bid #7, that auction blew up. Great brand.
Not the biggest fan of domain hacks (I mean, I like them, personally, but speaking to the actual business application, they aren’t super in demand, and MOSTLY no one is spending time and money on companies built on domain hack brands. Mostly. Definitely love Kelv.in as a science brand, though. Will be interesting to see what gets built on that site…
Want to hear about the best brandable domains of the week when you still have a chance to bid on them?
I’ll never sell your info and will only send one email per week. 🙂