There’s quite a few sites out there that report on recent domain name sales but none of them has a particular focus on a certain type of domains such as numeric or exact match domains. I myself love brandable domain names and since I received a lot of positive feedback on my Top 100 brandable domain name sales for 2014 post I’ve decided to do a weekly report on the top 20 brandable domain name sales as reported by DN Journal.
My criteria for selecting domain names for this sales report will remain the same:
- No numeric domains
- .com only
- No 2L & 3L domains (as they are a breed on their own)
- No one word dictionary domains (in any language).
- Unless the word has an alternative spelling such as Krash.com or Banyo.com
- No 4L acronyms unless they are pronounceable and used as a brand name instead of a acronym.
- Two keyword domains can qualify. SharpMind.com for example is a brandable domain name imo while SharpKnifes.com would not have made this list.
- Variation and abbreviation on words are allowed.
So here’s the first list of 2015! Any domain that already hosts or redirects to a developed site has a hyperlink. One of the more interesting sales in this list is that of HeyMusic.com which has been bought by a company currently called H3Y Music which seems like a sensible upgrade from the current H3ymusic.com domain they use.
Domain name: Reported Sales Price
Please do keep in mind that these are the highest sales that have been reported to DNjournal.com . This list is meant to help give you insights and is nowhere near complete as many sales are kept private and the major market places specializing in brandable domains do not report their sales.
If you know of any recent, verifiable brandable domain name sales please do let me know so I can include it in next week’s report.