Editor’s Note: Hello! Sean, here, publisher of DNgeek. I wanted to take a moment to introduce Rob Mills, who has been helping me with this site basically since I bought it. Rob is a senior systems analyst, a part time domain investor, and an all around good guy that I’m happy to know. Rob will be publishing the weekly Brandable Domain Name Sales and Recently Funded Startups posts on the site each week going forward.
You should definitely follow him on Twitter @RobMills
The brandable domain names that sold last week, how much they sold for, and where they sold, week thirty two.
Quick rules recap for how we determine this list:
- No numeric domains
- No obvious keywords or category-defining domains (CryptoMarketplace.com is a KW, CoinBase.com is a brand).
- .com, OR
- .co, .io, .org if they are strong one-word keywords.
- No 2L & 3L domains (as they are a breed on their own)
- No obvious one-word dictionary domains (in any language). This means, for example, the sale of Hora.com would not be included as it’s the Spanish word for Hour. (The caveat here is I don’t speak most of the world’s languages, only English, so I might miss stuff. This one is a bit ‘fast and loose’).
- Unless a word has an alternative spelling such as “Thiink.com”
- No 4-letter acronyms unless they are pronounceable and used as a brand name instead of an acronym
- Two keyword domains can qualify. Example: OneHome.com. BuyHome.com would not have made this list (because it’s a keyword and not a brand).
- Variation on words are allowed, example: Wearly.com
Here’s the list:
(data collected from Namebio.com — an amazing domain industry resource)
A couple of possible domain upgrades on this week’s list. I think Armodd is a brand of smartwatch so maybe they grabbed Armodd.com. Akash is “the world’s first open source cloud”. They use Akash.network now but Akash.co makes sense as an upgrade. Akash.com is taken but has no site on it.
My favourite name this week is … DoubleDouble.com.
Shoutout to all the Canadians out there (of which I am one) for their fav Tim Hortons coffee order, short for double cream, double sugar btw. ☕ 🇨🇦
What was your favourite name this week?
PS Thanks for the great intro Sean . I’m excited to bring the week’s brandable sales and newly funded names to the site. If there’s any more info anyone would like me to include with the listings or other ways to improve the posts please let me know in the comments or on Twitter.
Want to hear about the best brandable domains of the week when you still have a chance to bid on them?
We’ll never sell your info and will only send one email per week. 🙂