The brandable domain names that sold last week, how much they sold for, and where they sold, week Forty.
Quick rules recap for how we determine this list:
- No numeric domains
- No obvious keywords or category-defining domains (CryptoMarketplace.com is a KW, CoinBase.com is a brand).
- .com, OR
- .co, .io, .org if they are strong one-word keywords.
- No 2L & 3L domains (as they are a breed on their own)
- No obvious one-word dictionary domains (in any language). This means, for example, the sale of Hora.com would not be included as it’s the Spanish word for Hour. (The caveat here is I don’t speak most of the world’s languages, only English, so I might miss stuff. This one is a bit ‘fast and loose’).
- Unless a word has an alternative spelling such as “Thiink.com”
- No 4-letter acronyms unless they are pronounceable and used as a brand name instead of an acronym
- Two keyword domains can qualify. Example: OneHome.com. BuyHome.com would not have made this list (because it’s a keyword and not a brand).
- Variation on words are allowed, example: Wearly.com
Top name this week, Apol.com at $25,499. Apol is a gaming chair brand in Singapore so a possible domain upgrade.
In second place is DailySuccess.com. I like this as a motivational or self help brand. First registered in 2004 but has never had any significant content on it. Is it worth $16,800+? What do you think?
(data collected from Namebio.com — an amazing domain industry resource)
Want to hear about the best brandable domains of the week when you still have a chance to bid on them?
We’ll never sell your info and will only send one email per week. 🙂